This article will be giving basic information regarding spouse settlement/extension visa requirements, particularly its financial requirement if the sponsor is working as a self employed individual. I also will be giving a brief introduction on other important documents which are necessary to submit along with the application. Keep in mind the following important documents while you are sponsoring a spouse settlement visa application as a self-employed individual or a sole trader.
Essential list of documents:
1. Annual audited accounts for the last financial year if it is not applicable then, unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation
2. Annual self-assessment return of HMRC and evidence/receipt of the amount of tax paid and unpaid for the last full financial year.
3. Unique tax reference number (UTR).
4. At least the last 3 months bank statements to demonstrate the ongoing business at the time of submitting the application.
5. Evidence dated no more than 3 months earlier than the date of application of the renewal of licence to the trade, business related insurance premium, employer national insurance contribution etc.
6. The last 12 months business and personal bank statements.
7. Proof of registration with HMRC as a self-employed individual.
8. Statement of Accounts (SA200 or SA302) for the full financial year.
Other required documents:
1. Passport of the Applicant and the sponsor.
2. English Language certificate – Level A1.
3. Tuberculosis (TB) test certificate (if applicable).
4. Proof of relationship; marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate.
5. Divorce documents (if applicable).
Contact our Spouse Settlement Visa Solicitors
For expert advice and assistance in relation to an application for a spouse settlement visa inside or outside the UK or its extension, contact our immigration solicitors in London on 0203 755 2858 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By M Khalid Bashir
Abbott & Harris Solicitors
Real people with real advice.